Alcohol & Drug Positions
Program Coordinator (Antioch)
Bay Area Community Resources (BACR) is a multi-service, non-profit community-based organization that serves nearly 30,000 individuals, families and communities in the Bay Area through dozens of youth leadership, healthy communities, mental health, and alcohol, tobacco and drug use prevention and treatment programs. Employment at BACR offers the opportunity to work in an environment where the organizational mission and Best Practices are a top priority.
This position is part of a multi-sector partnership called CoCo LEAD+ made up of Contra Costa County, the city of Antioch, and HealthRight 360 (a nonprofit organization.) It builds on a successful model program that diverts persons with behavioral health problems from the criminal justice system into supportive services.
BACR is looking for licensed Master’s level clinician to coordinate and provide behavioral health services in Antioch.
- Overseeing initial development of new project
- Supervising group facilitators
- Intakes, Assessment and referrals
- Development of initial intake materials
- Leading and/or co-facilitating groups
- Individual and group engagement
- Collaborating and interfacing with diverse group of providers including housing, employment and substance use services
- Providing data manager with accurate and complete project information
- Participate in regular meetings with other providers
- Licensed counseling professional, i.e. LCSW, LMFT, LPCC or licensed psychologist
- Training and experience in Motivational Interviewing
- Deep understanding of ethics and legal requirements
- Computer literate; experience using web based client record system a plus
- Belief in harm reduction to sobriety continuum
- Experience working with adults with complex conditions
- Ability to work independently
- Strong commitment to helping marginalized members of the community
- Experience with Seeking Safety and Thinking for a Change desirable, not required
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English capacity a plus
This position is 32 hours/week. Hours are fairly flexible. Some evening hours required. Occasional Saturday mornings.
Pay is $64,000. (FTE is $80,000)
Additional day time hours possible in another BACR program if desired.
Health benefits available.
Generous paid vacation, sick leave and holidays.
No attachments will be opened.